Friday, February 15, 2013

Surgery follow up and some crappy news.

Had my MRI (which sucked as usual) and follow up with Dr. S today, he was happy with how I was feeling and my energy levels and such. After looking at the scans he did say I lost some of the pituitary gland during surgery and there are a few tumor cells left, but the good news is they’re away from the optic chasm so it shouldn't mess with vision too much.

Next plan of action is 3 more MRIs over the next year and they’re going to watch the cells and see if they grow or shrink or whatever, if they do grow they will need to do what they call Gamma Knife surgery, but it’s outpatient and noninvasive radiation surgery. They basically take a laser and blast the remnants of the tumor away. I know I looked like a deer caught in headlights when he was telling me what was going on but after talking to him for a few minutes I realized it wasn't going to be that bad.

 Now for the crappy news, D got fired today They told him this was because of job abandonment since he didn't come in for two days even though he called in both days. I’m so upset right now I’m seeing red. The big issue is he carries our insurance, I can still take insurance from here because it would be a qualifying event but it’s so expensive and covers next to nothing. It’s going to cost about $500 a month plus the fact we’ll be short his paycheck, I don’t know what we’re going to do. Plus the fact now this seals the nail in the coffin at a chance of having a child. Because our insurance doesn't cover anything IF related, so that means IVF out of pocket. I know he’ll get unemployment but that’s only going to be about 200 a week, it’ll help but it’s not going to cover everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment