Friday, May 4, 2012

Do I, or Don't I have it...

And the answer is....I DO!!

PCOS-IR that is.

After 22 vials of blood, a full panel of questions and an internal ultrasound I finally have a diagnosis and a plan. My RE said I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Metabolic Syndrome and possibly hyperprolactinenmia which can be caused by the PCOS but the RE wants to rule it out with an MRI of my brain to check my pituitary gland, to make sure there isn't a tumor.

 The doctor wasn't overly concerned with the elevated prolactin levels she just wanted a baseline to check it in the future, she said she wouldn't even treat it at this point. But better safe than sorry right.

Now the plan to get me pregnant is first to put me on Metformin for three months to see how it works or if it works then if that doesn't work we try a few cycles of Clomid and timed intercourse, then 2 rounds of Clomid with IUIs and then she suggested because of my age not doing injectables and going right to IVF if nothing else works, but I'm really hoping it doesn't go that far, because that means we will have been trying yet another year.

It was all very hard to hear today and very hard to take in, but I did, and I know we have a plan and I will be a Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment