Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another step forward and another step back.

Got a call from the neurosurgeon’s office this morning and apparently when they took the MRI earlier in the month the server went down and they lost all of the images that were on that machine.  So now I get to go back tomorrow for yet another MRI.

I’m so pissed off right now, I hate that fluckin test it sucks more than anything has ever sucked before.  Seriously how do you lose MRIs, I’m sorry the server went down but now I have to screw around to get another one taken.  And believe you me this time I’m leaving with a DVD.

This afternoon was my 6 month follow up with the Endocrinologist, I didn't really know what to expect but I knew I was going to get grilled and I did.  I got to the office which was in the hospital and they took my vitals and brought me to a room.  First the nurse came in and he had the chart up and made sure all the info the doctor had was correct.    Next one of the fellows in the practice came in to ask me just about any and every question under the sun.  She examined me, listened to my heart, back and belly.  Felt my thyroid and everything looked good.

Finally after about an hour I got to me "my" doctor and I really liked him.  It was nice, and he explained a lot and went over a bunch of things.  He did give me the news we already knew, I have a non-functioning pituitary gland. They looked at the last scan (back in February) and wanted to check out this one...but oh wait Yale lost it.

The little bit of good news if I do get pregnant I do have enough of the PIT left to sustain me though pregnancy.  They will follow me closely and watch all my levels but they think it'll be ok.  The endo also told me that if the tumor does grow they will wait until after we have decided to stop pursuing pregnancy all together or until we have all the children that we want.  Before they do another surgery or radiation treatment.  He thinks I'm a perfect candidate for radiation surgery because of the location of the tumor.  However it will destroy more of the PIT and make it function even less than it already is now (which I don't get).

Now I have to get more bloodwork and a few more tests but I don't need to go back until November/December so now we wait.  I really hope somehow, someway we can find a way that during my next appointment I'm pregnant.  I know I'm delusional but I'm not giving up hope that something might happen.

I can't give up hope, it's the only thing I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment