Friday, August 3, 2012

Finally a real diagnosis.

We all know I've been struggling with the unknown, and the waiting for the last three months for my follow up appointment and how things are going.  The RE wanted to give me three months on the MF to see if it was working and how it was working, and from what I can see...it isn't

I get to the office and there are three pregnant women sitting in the waiting room, and this gives me a little hope, albeit false hope, but I digress.  I go in and the nurse takes my vitals height/weight/BP well the good news was in the last three months I lost 8lbs, a very hard fought 8lbs but hey I'll take them because the scale is going in the right direction.

After all of this I finally get in to see the RE and I told her what was going on and how things were going she sat down and wanted to go over all the tests I've taken in the last couple of months, and also found out the reason for the extra couple of test.  When she sat down I received news that was very difficult to hear, so hard I actually started to cry.  Apparently I don't have PCOS but she wanted to let me know that the MRI found a 2 cm mass on my Pitutary Gland on the base of my brain.  I heard words I never wanted to hear in my life, a million scenarios flashed through my now imperfect brain and tears rolled down my face.

Do I have cancer? Is it treatable?  Will I need radiation are they going to cut my skull open?  All these scenarios raced through my now imperfect brain.  The only thing that is getting me through this waiting period is the fact that if it was something they thought was serious or life threatening they would have had me in that day.  And the fact that I did a little research and come to find out these types of things are 99.98% benign and of those most of them don't need surgery.  Some can be treated with just medications and some people can go their entire life without any issues or symptoms.  If I wasn't trying to get pregnant and my doctor wasn't very agressive I would have never know it was there.

Now I have to have faith, that I will beat this and it's just a stumbling block along the way to creating our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment