Thursday, April 19, 2012

If at first you don't succeed...


Try and try again.

And try and try and try we did.  But nothing seemed to be working, I've always had some longer than usual cycles but over the last couple of years they were getting worse and worse.  I went to my OB/GYN for my annual visit and he did an ultrasound and all kinds of blood work, they were trying to rule out PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome, and between the blood work and the ultrasound they did manage to rule it out.


But that still didn't solve my problem or answer any of my questions, why did I have these long cycles and why after almost three years am I not pregnant.


I still wasn't real happy with the answers that I got, so I went to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) and the appointment went great she went over all the blood work already drawn and she did a t/v ultrasound, yet again violated, but it wasn’t so bad, she was playing hide and seek with my ovaries.

She also think my fertility issues are not caused by PCOS but are caused by weight issues, weight issues that I've suffered with all of my life.  Apparently I’m too girly I make too much estrogen so it causes the fat cells to build up in the estrogen and save it for later, so no matter how much diet and exercise I do, probably not going to get rid of it, but she was happy to hear that I was doing South Beach. So it’s really not my fault I’m fat, I have an excuse, which was such a good thing to hear, other then just you're fat you should diet.

Depending on what the blood works says she wants to put me on Metformin  she thinks that will help break it down the estrogen and regulate me, she thinks this is the cause of my issues and that I’m not actually ovulating…kinda helps to ovulate to get pregnant huh?? She’s going to try that for 3 or 4 months and then if that doesn’t work then she’s going to try some clomid but she’s confident that she can help me.

I'm so happy that I went to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment